Friday, November 11, 2011

Alexander Skarsgard Interview with Indie Wire



1. For many actors Lars Von Trier is a big draw. So much so that Alexander Skarsgård didn’t even read the script -- he was in from the moment he heard the words “Lars Von Trier.” The rest of the cast felt the same way.Skarsgård’s father has worked with him six times and his advice was always, “If you ever get the opportunity, just do it, it’s the most amazing thing,” so the son jumped at the chance when he got the call. “I said, ‘What do you want me to do, make your breakfast? I’m in.’ ” he said. “I’m a huge fan. That’s why when I got the call, I said yes, even before I read the script. I was like, ‘I’ll do whatever you want me to do.’ I’m not going to turn down an opportunity to work with him.”



6. The opening wedding section of the film also provokes strange responses, people don’t know whether to laugh or find it uncomfortable, cruel and or painful to watch. “It’s really funny. I think people are uncomfortable to laugh because you’re in a theater watching it with people; it’s a critical group watching it so you feel embarrassed if you laugh. I always feel weird if I laugh at certain things but I thought the beginning was really funny.”
“I thought Charlotte’s character was hilarious,” Skarsgard said. “She was so obnoxious it was funny. I don’t’ know. How did you read it on the page, as funny?"
“I thought it was full of humor,” Gainsbourg agreed with a smile.
read more of the article at Indie Wire

No comments:

Post a Comment