Friday, October 14, 2011

First Photos of Alex Skarsgard at The Hamptons International Film Festival

WATCH: EW's Exclusive clip of Alex and Kirsten as the happy couple. Adorbs they are. Alex was in East Hampton tonight to promote Meloncholia.

first photos of Alex. Cute! Will post as they come in.

Tweeted







Tagged




















Source

Articles


Alex Skarsgard Likes the Hamptons, Critics Not So Much

And just like that, I bumped into Alexander Skarsgård, who’s here representing Lars von Trier’s spellbinding (if mildly embattled) masterpiece Melancholia.



This is crazy, right?
Yeah! Especially considering I just got off a plane from Sweden. It’s like, wild.

Yowza. I heard you’re a Hamptons regular?
I’ve actually been coming out a lot this summer, because I’ve been shooting in New York the past two and a half months. My best friend, who’s out here tonight with her husband, they have a house out in Amagansett. So on weekends, when I’m done shooting, that’s where I go off to. I’ve been out there a lotthis year.

I think you’re the third Skarsgård we’ve interviewed in the last year after your father,Stellan, and your younger brother Bill. What’s the professional dynamic like in the family? Is it competitive? Do you guys ever want the same roles?
Well, I’m 14 years older than Bill, and my brother Gus, we’re quite different. We usually don’t go after the same parts. So I wouldn’t say its competitive. But we do talk a lot about work, and we do encourage each and try to keep each other motivated.

And you and father co-star in Melancholia, which is a masterpiece — but seems kind of overshadowed these days by the Lars von Trier circus.
Not really.

Really? Do you think he’s done a disservice to the film? Or is all publicity good publicity?
I mean, I don’t think he did. The movie’s so strong, and I think pretty quickly, people are focusing on the movie again after that comment.
Did you see it?

Straw Dogs had a tough go of things recently, which is too bad. What was your take on the film and its reception?
I don’t know. I don’t read reviews, so… I don’t like knowing.

Yeah! Yeah, I’ve seen it. I’m happy with it! I think it’s good, and I’m happy with my part.

But no reviews.
No. No, I just… don’t.

Not even the positive ones?
No.



Source

Meloncholia Star Chats at Hampton's Festival



The "True Blood" star flew in from Sweden Friday to attend the 19th annual festival and talk to reporters outside a screening of the movie, in which he plays a man who marries a troubled young woman (Kirsten Dunst) as another planet hurtles toward Earth. Skarsgard said he and Dunst did their best to adapt to Lars von Trier's no-preparation directing style.

"It's as close to working on the stage as you can get. There's not even any tape on the floor for blocking," Skarsgard said. "John Hurt is in the movie, and he says, 'I have no idea what I'm doing.' I don't think that was in character! I think that's real."

No comments:

Post a Comment